Skip to main content

Patricia Velasquez, a pink suit and Wayuu Taya...

(Above: Patricia Velazquez and "moi," in a pink Carlos Campos suit.)

Well, I think once in a while we all strive for something that can make us feel more human. Of course we need love, we need to be touched...caressed. Simply put, we need to know that we matter. But working in the business Patricia and I work for can basically make you loose connection to your basic homo-sapiens feelings and essence. It can be a bit superficial, or a lot, and one can start missing some "tuercas y tornillos" and get "cucu in the head."

(Above: Patricia Velasquez and Carolina Herrera.)

I always try to go back to basic stuff in order to be in touch with my inner being. Whether it's at home, cooking, cleaning, sitting down with friends and being silly, or watching the Oprah Show or Extreme Makeover (and cry my eyes out), I like to often knock on the spirit and soul door to keep myself grounded . Crying is not only good for the heart and keeping in touch with your humane side (some friends call me "la llorona" as I cry even at the mere site of a stray dog), but it also cleanses. Crying gets rid of toxins in your body and it just feels primal.

(Above: Patricia Velasquez and all the NY press, insane!)

But I can't be eye-balling all day! I might as well admit myself into Promises with Britney, wear a wig, and start not wearing underwear and flash the flashers. Therefore, I'd rather work on my spare time as a volunteer with a non-profit organization like the LCOA and feel good about myself. You know what I mean, feel you are making a difference "con tu granito de arena." On the other hand, there are others like Patricia Velasquez, that have their own non-for-profit organization, the Wayuu Taya Foundation. Whichever one you choose, do it once and be part of the experience. It's pretty cool.

(Above: Eileen Ford and her favorite model... uhummm.)

Patricia's gala benefit for the Wayuu Taya Foundation was amazing. She'll tell you that the most fun of it all is producint it ;-) It was at the Soho Grand Hotel and a LOT of beautiful people said "presente." Among the ones I can remember that were beautifying the gala were: Eileen Ford, co founder of Ford Models, the supermodel Petra Nemcova, designers Narciso Rodriguez and Carolina Herrera, Soledad O'Brien,
anchor and special correspondent for CNN: Special Investigations Unit... and last but not least, Iman, who was one of the hosts of the evening together with Patricia Velazquez.

(Above: Well, whatevah, and Iman.)

The gala was a hot ticket to get, the Foundation made some "cashola," everyone had fun, and
definitely in the end they all felt more human. Although standing next to Iman I felt more like... well, I "dunno". I asked her if I could borrow some of her genes and her husband too. I didn't wear pink for nothing.

Beauty tips coming soon. Also, what Jeffrey Slomin said about Patricias' makeup that got me into trouble; he caught me off-guard and I revealed one of my beauty secrets to Allure magazine.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dry Skin No More... Two Of My Favorite Products...

(Above: Artist Pepe Villegas) Last night following my usual 'espiritista' Thursday meetings - as I lovingly call my spiritual posse gatherings, The Waking Circle - with some amazing guys, in Chelsea ;-), the subject of dry skin came up. And, of course, I gave my best advice for the Fall/Winter season already making our skin drier and itchy. Organic Coconut Oil RIGHT AFTER TAKING A SHOWER/BATH, while your skin is still damp, smother it with some * organic coconut oil . The coconut oil will sink into your skin right away unlike anything with artificial petroleum based oils. You neither be putting on any parabens or weird ingredients that may be absorbed through your skin making you more toxic. For the first fifteen minutes after application your olfactory receptors will take you to some exotic Caribbean destination. Not a bad idea for a body lotion that works as aroma-visualizing-therapy in the dread of winter. It won't interfere with any other colonias or fragrance that...

Denise Quiñones. What a Beauty!

(click on any image to enlarge) What a beauty Denise is. This is the original image that was used for the cover of "Revista Caras," which I produced in the city of New York, and I say beauty, because as you know, beauty gets delivered in many ways. In this particular case physical beauty is not questioned, actually beauty is not questioned at all, because Denise is a trooper when it comes to positive energy, bringing that aura everywhere she goes, but she also has a noble soul. I say all that, because she decided to do this photo-editorial for Caras the day after she arrived from Canada, after weeks of hard work while she tapped Smallville with Superman :-). She arrived on time at my friend Olivier's apartment on 56 Street, where we shot, and she stayed bubbly and happy all throughout our shoot. Mind, next day she was taking an early flight to "la-la Land," where she was to do nothing for the 2005-06 Holidays, and she had not packed. She needed a well deserve...

Fashion Night Out...

Ruben Toledo, Isabel Toledo + Karlo. (Remember, 'click' on any photo to enlarge.) Fashion Night Out was a success! Although it went unpredicted it was lots of fun. We were supposed to map it like this: Barney's, Bergdorf, Louis Vuitton, and then see my friend Olivier at Longchamp. But the Universe intended us to do something else, just Barney's... surrounded by glory; Ken Greene & Douglas Muller of the Hudson Valley Seed Library , Valerie & Jean of 'Ideiosyncraticfashionistas ', Rod Keenan , millinery maste,r and Ruben & Isabel Toledo who graced us with their passion, style, and wonderful sketches. Side note: For the record, I think Isabel Toledo and Ruben are the hottest couples right now in the contemporary art world. Talent, passion, style, vision, 'cultura'... what else can you ask for? Woof! Ken Greene, Douglas Muller, Maria LaBoy & Karlo. Jean & Valerie from 'Idiosyncratic Fashionistas' Ruben Toledo, his ...