Skip to main content

A Handsome Newfound Love...*kyoku.





Happy one more time, as for the past who knows how many seasons, to be directing beauty at the Carlos Campos' Fall/Winter 2011-12 fashion presentation. As a makeup artist, you are always looking for the ideal makeup/skin care sponsor to go hand-in-hand with the designer's vision; for example, the minimalist designer paired with the minimalist makeup line, and so forth. Well, this season I have made a match in heaven, Carlos Campos and *kyoku for men, my newfound love!

*kyoku for men is man's man line. Founded by Asim Akhtar, the son of one of the founders of StriVectin, *kyoku was inspired by the healthy living of the people of Yuzuri Hara, a village just about two hours outside of Tokyo, Japan. In this village, diabetes, heart disease and Alzheimer's are simply non-existent. But, the added bonus of living in Yuzuri: flawless skin.

The skin care line is infused with amazing ingredients like bamboo extract to pump up your skin's hyaluronic acid (the stuff babies have abundantly in their skin, hence their soft derriere
) and volcanic ash for deep detoxification of the skin. It's like having a going-away-detox-program but at home, like Charlie Sheen sans lost episodes of "Two and a Half Men", twitching and texting.



Those who know me well are aware that I'm not a morning person, although I'll definitely wake up happy for some "sake infused shave cream." Oh yeah! One of my favorite products from *kyoku. You bet I'll follow up with some extra Mimosas and I'll be a happy morning-er.


The eye fuel? A double whammy. A winner! One pump bottle that divides into two separate chambers: one pumps the uplifting eye gel and the other the eye radiance creme. Voila! No tired glances at the show.

I hope you can join me this Saturday, February 12th, for the Carlos Campos' Fall/Winter 2011-12 fashion presentation at Exit Art (remember to RSVP). We'll be having fun, for sure, and the men will definitely be that man's man all women want and men want to emulate.

I have to say, I'm in love with *kyoku for men. I hope you fall in love too!

Oh! Soon to come exclusively at Barney's NY.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dry Skin No More... Two Of My Favorite Products...

(Above: Artist Pepe Villegas) Last night following my usual 'espiritista' Thursday meetings - as I lovingly call my spiritual posse gatherings, The Waking Circle - with some amazing guys, in Chelsea ;-), the subject of dry skin came up. And, of course, I gave my best advice for the Fall/Winter season already making our skin drier and itchy. Organic Coconut Oil RIGHT AFTER TAKING A SHOWER/BATH, while your skin is still damp, smother it with some * organic coconut oil . The coconut oil will sink into your skin right away unlike anything with artificial petroleum based oils. You neither be putting on any parabens or weird ingredients that may be absorbed through your skin making you more toxic. For the first fifteen minutes after application your olfactory receptors will take you to some exotic Caribbean destination. Not a bad idea for a body lotion that works as aroma-visualizing-therapy in the dread of winter. It won't interfere with any other colonias or fragrance that...

Denise Quiñones. What a Beauty!

(click on any image to enlarge) What a beauty Denise is. This is the original image that was used for the cover of "Revista Caras," which I produced in the city of New York, and I say beauty, because as you know, beauty gets delivered in many ways. In this particular case physical beauty is not questioned, actually beauty is not questioned at all, because Denise is a trooper when it comes to positive energy, bringing that aura everywhere she goes, but she also has a noble soul. I say all that, because she decided to do this photo-editorial for Caras the day after she arrived from Canada, after weeks of hard work while she tapped Smallville with Superman :-). She arrived on time at my friend Olivier's apartment on 56 Street, where we shot, and she stayed bubbly and happy all throughout our shoot. Mind, next day she was taking an early flight to "la-la Land," where she was to do nothing for the 2005-06 Holidays, and she had not packed. She needed a well deserve...

Fashion Night Out...

Ruben Toledo, Isabel Toledo + Karlo. (Remember, 'click' on any photo to enlarge.) Fashion Night Out was a success! Although it went unpredicted it was lots of fun. We were supposed to map it like this: Barney's, Bergdorf, Louis Vuitton, and then see my friend Olivier at Longchamp. But the Universe intended us to do something else, just Barney's... surrounded by glory; Ken Greene & Douglas Muller of the Hudson Valley Seed Library , Valerie & Jean of 'Ideiosyncraticfashionistas ', Rod Keenan , millinery maste,r and Ruben & Isabel Toledo who graced us with their passion, style, and wonderful sketches. Side note: For the record, I think Isabel Toledo and Ruben are the hottest couples right now in the contemporary art world. Talent, passion, style, vision, 'cultura'... what else can you ask for? Woof! Ken Greene, Douglas Muller, Maria LaBoy & Karlo. Jean & Valerie from 'Idiosyncratic Fashionistas' Ruben Toledo, his ...