Skip to main content

Dry Skin No More... Two Of My Favorite Products...

(Above: Artist Pepe Villegas)

Last night following my usual 'espiritista' Thursday meetings - as I lovingly call my spiritual posse gatherings, The Waking Circle - with some amazing guys, in Chelsea ;-), the subject of dry skin came up. And, of course, I gave my best advice for the Fall/Winter season already making our skin drier and itchy.


Organic Coconut Oil

RIGHT AFTER TAKING A SHOWER/BATH, while your skin is still damp, smother it with some *organic coconut oil. The coconut oil will sink into your skin right away unlike anything with artificial petroleum based oils. You neither be putting on any parabens or weird ingredients that may be absorbed through your skin making you more toxic.


For the first fifteen minutes after application your olfactory receptors will take you to some exotic Caribbean destination. Not a bad idea for a body lotion that works as aroma-visualizing-therapy in the dread of winter. It won't interfere with any other colonias or fragrance that you might like to apply afterwards. You know I wouldn't let anything interfere with my Acqua Di Parma's 'Colonia', it works perfectly.

Advice:

1. Place the coconut oil in an area that's room temperature so it won't harden. Keep it away from the heat/sun.

2. For the bathroom, buy a squirt/pump bottle for easy dispense. It also keeps your fingers from touching the main jar, thus avoiding any bacteria and other junk from transferring to the main container. It also looks prettier ;-)

I know you will love this oil/lotion for your skin, it feels delicious. Give me your feedback.



Bigelow's Mentha Lip Balm

For my lips? I would not trade my *'Bigelow's Mentha Lip Balm Stick (No Shine Formula)' for anything. It doesn't feel heavy on the lips. It's not shinny. It smells good!. It's kissable too.

For those that don't have a Bigelow's nearby, *Bath and Bodyworks also carries it.

Little beautiful things.


*follow the product links above in blue.


Comments

Unknown said…
Praise the organic coconut oil and COMA for giving it the post it deserves! Organic coconut oil is all I have been using for the past couple of years, it smells delicious! I use it as a lotion, as foot massage oil, frizzy hair tamer, lip and face moisturizer. It's the do it all oil for me, nothing works better.
I need to go shopping with you
I have no clue about stuff like that

is overwhelm for me just try to find a good shampoo.

Carlos
pepe said…
I need to get me some aceite de coco...yá!
xopepe

Popular posts from this blog

Denise Quiñones. What a Beauty!

(click on any image to enlarge) What a beauty Denise is. This is the original image that was used for the cover of "Revista Caras," which I produced in the city of New York, and I say beauty, because as you know, beauty gets delivered in many ways. In this particular case physical beauty is not questioned, actually beauty is not questioned at all, because Denise is a trooper when it comes to positive energy, bringing that aura everywhere she goes, but she also has a noble soul. I say all that, because she decided to do this photo-editorial for Caras the day after she arrived from Canada, after weeks of hard work while she tapped Smallville with Superman :-). She arrived on time at my friend Olivier's apartment on 56 Street, where we shot, and she stayed bubbly and happy all throughout our shoot. Mind, next day she was taking an early flight to "la-la Land," where she was to do nothing for the 2005-06 Holidays, and she had not packed. She needed a well deserve...

Fashion Night Out...

Ruben Toledo, Isabel Toledo + Karlo. (Remember, 'click' on any photo to enlarge.) Fashion Night Out was a success! Although it went unpredicted it was lots of fun. We were supposed to map it like this: Barney's, Bergdorf, Louis Vuitton, and then see my friend Olivier at Longchamp. But the Universe intended us to do something else, just Barney's... surrounded by glory; Ken Greene & Douglas Muller of the Hudson Valley Seed Library , Valerie & Jean of 'Ideiosyncraticfashionistas ', Rod Keenan , millinery maste,r and Ruben & Isabel Toledo who graced us with their passion, style, and wonderful sketches. Side note: For the record, I think Isabel Toledo and Ruben are the hottest couples right now in the contemporary art world. Talent, passion, style, vision, 'cultura'... what else can you ask for? Woof! Ken Greene, Douglas Muller, Maria LaBoy & Karlo. Jean & Valerie from 'Idiosyncratic Fashionistas' Ruben Toledo, his ...